Saturday, May 9, 2009

PB and Jelly Cookies

We all know how much I love me some peanut butter. :) Well when I read about this recipe on eatmakeread.com, I was really excited to try it. There is no flour in it. I know, weird right? But nope, just four (well, technically 5) ingredients. It took 4 minutes to make the dough. Of course, it takes peanut butter, so I got out my favorite peanut butter measuring cup. I got it from Pampered chef, but you can get them anywhere. It's great b/c you can push the peanut butter clean from the container and don't have to scrape at the sides. Wonderful!

Ingredients:

1 cup all-natural peanut butter (I used Skippy, not all-natural, but you use what you got, right?)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
Favorite jelly

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet w/ foil or parchment paper.

Mix together the peanut butter and sugars until well mixed, about 2 minutes.

Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, then add the baking soda and egg. Mix again for another 2 minutes.

Using a 1/2 teaspoon measure, scoop out small amounts of the dough and roll them b/w your hands to make little balls, pressed them slightly to make small round discs. They don't have to be far apart on the cookie sheet b/c they don't spread out.

Bake for 8-10 mins. Let sit and cool completely.

Using a teaspoon, spread a little bit of the jelly on the bottom of one of the cookies. Find another that's about the same size and place on top to make a sandwich.

Let them sit a bit, so the jelly can absorb into the cookie some. It helps make the cookie a bit more stable b/c they are very delicate. It doesn't help too too much, but it binds them a bit more.



Mine obviously didn't come out like eatmakeread's, but they were still soooooo good. These are definitely a yummy and easy treat for peanut butter lovers.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Maria said...

The kiddies would definitely like these ... I might try making them with my daughter so then she can help with filling them. She would love that.

Ivy said...

I love peanut butter and these sound delicious.

Elizabeth said...

My husband would love these! Thanks for sharing.