Friday, November 28, 2008

Finals!

Well everyone, I am done with school!!! I promised Chef Mark that I wasn't going to get rid of my blog so he can use it as a reference for his future classes. So you all get to keep me. :)

Wed was def an ordeal. My mom, Kris and I went to go see Twilight, then mom was going to drop me off to go to class. Well, dad kept calling me and when I left the movie to go see what he needed, he was in an extreme amount of pain and couldn't walk. I freaked out and ran back, got my mom and left to pick him up and go to the hospital. Well, I had my car at school, but it would have taken too long to get it and then go home with the traffic, so mom and I just went straight home. She took dad to the hospital so I could go do some stuff he needed to get done for the shop. She basically told me not to come to the hospital, to go to class instead. Let me tell you how hard it is to sit in class and bake when all you want to do is go see your dad at the hospital. But she kept me updated with texts. He turned out to be okay. It's just been hard b/c dad smokes and drinks way too much coffee and he just doesn't eat healthy or sleep well, so it is always something with him. It's hard watching him get sick over and over and over again.

But I finished baking at the same time they were leaving the hospital. I ended up with an A in the class, so I will be graduating with a 4.0 GPA! Yeah!!!

Our official graduation date is January 22. I don't get why it's on a Thursday night, but hey, whatever. :)

And just as an FYI, I made the Lemon Chiffon cake for Thanksgiving yesterday. I used a silicon tube pan, instead of the non-stick one I used in class making it the first time. I hated it. I will never ever ever use that for a chiffon or angel food cake again. It was horrible. Since you don't grease it, it is supposed to slide out after it cools. Nope, it stuck like mad and tore up the cake. And then after I brought it to dinner, even as ugly as it looked since it was torn in places, I swear it tasted like rubber!!! Everyone insists it didn't (even when I wasn't standing right there, so I know they weren't lying), I swear the cake tasted like the pan. I am going to buy a nonstick tube pan today! With prongs so I don't have to use a wine bottle to hold it upside down on. Maybe I'll find one nice and cheap with the sales going on for Black Friday!

I plan on keeping up with my blog, especially with Xmas coming and me having WAY more time on my hands, so I'll see you guys soon!

No comments: