Friday, November 28, 2008

My last day at Pierre's :(

So my last day at Pierre's. I think the coolest thing about this day was the cake that Chuey was making for his nephew's (Richard's son) birthday party. He started sometime before 2 and finished after we got back around 8ish? He was making a Backyardigan cake. And not just having a picture of the backyardigan on the cake, he made the cake in the shape of the Backyardigan. Seriously, this was Ace of Cakes stuff. This was the picture he was going off of....He'd never made one before so it was pretty interesting watching all of the try to figure out how to put it all together. I missed most of it since I was making them lunch and then I had my site visit with Jori and then Manny and I went on some deliveries. But we can back and I had to take pictures to document this forever. It's too bad I missed most of the work done on it. It would have been cool to see how he did it. And of course take pictures of each step to show everyone!!!
My contribution was the little spinner thingie on the top of the hat. Manny did the actual hat after Chuey and I couldn't figure it out.

No comments: