Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Cookie Bible


I love cookies. Making them, eating them, whatever. They are so easy to make and so easy to eat!
These cookies are from a book I got on clearance at Borders. It cost me a whole $3. I love their clearance section. Anyways, these are called Double Chocolate Cranberry Chunkies. This is my attempt at making up for that horrible chocolate cranberry cookie recipe I used on X-mas. It's actually pretty similar to a plain old chocolate chunk recipe. And of course, so easy to make.

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks or large chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried cranberries or dried tart cherries
Additional granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine Flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; whisk together until blended. Set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Slowly add dry ingredients until blended. Fold in chocolate chunks and cranberries.

Drop dough, spacing 3 inches apart. Using the bottom of a glass dipped in the additional granulated sugar, flatten the doughuntil about 2 inches in diameter.

Bake 11-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool cookies for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove and let cool on wire racks.

These cookies were soooooo much better than the ones I made on X-mas. They were chocolaty and chewy and just a little tart from the cranberries. I used semisweet chocolate chips and cut up a milk chocolate bar and tossed those chunks in too. I was in a super chocolate mood, so the more chocolate, the better! Other than that, I didn't change a thing!

No comments: