Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sonoma Chicken Salad


So a while back I got this chicken salad from Whole Foods. I thought it was so awesomely good, so I tried to make it myself. I think I did a pretty good job but ironically, there is a recipe on the Whole Foods website!!!

So I didn't make it just like the website's recipe b/c I had no recipe to follow, but I think it came out pretty darn good!

The recipe on the website has a different sauce, but mostly the same solid ingredients. Both version we very yummy, so I am pretty happy that I did well based on my taste buds.

Sonoma Chicken Salad
adapted from Whole Foods

For the chicken:
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Chicken stock, enough to cover the chicken breasts in a pot
1/2 cup dry white wine

For the dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup poppy seed dressing
Salt and white pepper to taste
Splash of Tabasco sauce

Additional salad ingredients:
1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
1 cup red grapes, halved or quartered, depending on how large they are
2 celery stalks, sliced

Place the chicken breasts in a pot and add the chicken stock until completely covered. Add the wine. Cook for aprx 10-15 minutes, depending on how thick the pieces are. Remove the chicken pieces once they are fully cooked and let cool.

While the chicken is poaching, mix the ingredients for the sauce and put in the fridge to keep cool.

Once the chicken is cooled off some, you can cut it into a medium dice and toss w/ the sauce and add'l salad ingredients.

Cut a fresh croissant or roll in half horizontally and add however much you want. Add some lettuce, tomato, red onion and whatever else you like on your sandwich.



Yum!!!

No comments: