Thursday, January 12, 2012

Roasted Banana Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes

Remember the Apple Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes I made last year, based off Andie's recipe from Can You Stay For Dinner?

Well, I changed it up this year and used a roasted banana filling instead of an apple cinnamon filling. 

The only thing I changed was the filling.  It was AMAZING people.  Seriously, I love bananas and roasted bananas are even more awesome.

Take 4 ripe bananas and slice them in a casserole dish.  Add 1 cup of dark brown sugar, 3 tbsp cinnamon and half a stick of butter, cut into pieces.  Toss it all together before putting the dish in the oven, and roasting at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until it looks like these:


Mash up the mixture so it looks like this:

Finish them off like the apple cupcakes.  Since there is so much cinnamon in the banana, you don't need to add more... unless you are like me and you want to.  I sprinkled some more cinnamon sugar over the roasted banana mixture. 

I made the same cream cheese frosting, but a little more this time and a little thicker, so it was more like frosting than icing. 


I used the edges to make a small batch of cinnamon rolls too, since they were too small for cupcakes and I also ran out of cupcake tins. 





They were so soft and banana-y and yummy.  My cousin's girlfriend raved over these too.  I really liked her after that!  :)

No comments: